The role holder will be responsible for management of tax filing and accounting operations, compliance, and reporting, ensuring adherence to tax reporting standards, and advising on tax issues.
- Oversee Income taxes, indirect taxes and other levies making sure they are dealt with in a timely manner while
- minimizing tax assessments and optimizing professional fees.
- Answering tax audit information requests from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Assist in development and implementation of tax planning strategies.
- Research and understand various tax statutes as applicable to the group.
- Review income tax returns prepared by the tax consultants.
- Periodically review all returns made to the tax authorities and other government bodies that impose a financial obligation.
- Manage indirect tax compliance including Value added tax (VAT), Excise tax, Customs duties.
- Drive development of technology solutions for tax compliance technology solutions
- Manage key external advisor relationships (KRA, Tax consultants)
- Train and mentor Staff on tax awareness
- Manage external tax advisors to ensure timely filings for all tax returns, sign off on returns prepared by external advisors when needed.
- Ensure the proper, accurate and complete reporting of foreign transactions under applicable Kenya rules.
- Working closely with the accounting departments to ensure transactional taxes are deducted correctly and paid promptly.
- Review and sign-off all payments requisitions and ensure taxes have been accounted correctly.
- Review processes and product development for tax risks.
- Review all new contracts for tax exposures,
- Review new products.
- Computation of corporation tax at every reporting period including deferred tax adjustments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Related Discipline
- Legal background with bias in tax laws (diploma in LLB)
- 15 years’ experience in finance, five of which should be in senior management
- Skilled in use of spreadsheets
- Business analytics
- Deep understanding of insurance accounting
- Technical report writing skills.
- High degree of understanding of all tax laws (Income tax, VAT, Excise, Tax procedures, all levies by various
- ministries and county governments).
- Pro activeness
- Leadership skills
- Getting stuck into the detail / get involved
- High standards of integrity and professionalism
- Innovation and creativity
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent commercial and business experience
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, always ahead of new technologies
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Relating and networking
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change
- Deciding and initiating action
- Persuading and infiuencing
- Presenting and communicating information
- Leading and supervising
- Creating and innovating
- Adhering to principles and values
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November, 2023.
Education: Degree, Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time
Name: Hiring Kenya